Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Makes 24 cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raisins, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes then dried thoroughly
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until smooth. Add the egg and mix until combined. Add the vanilla. Set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, toss the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together. Slowly add to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing with a spatula. Add the oats and raisins.
- Chill dough in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 175C / 350F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Measure out the chilled dough into balls using a tablespoon (about 1.5 tablespoons per ball) and place them 2 inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes until the sides are turning golden.
- Remove them from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction